Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekend Wine: Vouvray

(image via wineskinny.com)


With snow on the horizon, images of sitting by a warm fire with hot cocoa and a good book have been dancing through my head. That is, until, I remember that I have no fireplace and there will be no fire. I just got a weekly email from Wine Skinny which directed me to a blog post where the writer is singing the praises of Vouvray. Now, I'm not much of a white wine drinker but I do love Vouvray. It's quite lovely really and instead of trying to fumble for the words to describe it, I thought I would direct you here. The post gives a great (brief) overview of Vouvray, recommends several bottles at different price points and makes some cheese pairing suggestions.





Here's to being snowed in with a nice glass of Vouvray!

1 comment:

  1. Hi -
    I'm working with a start-up for food bloggers in Virginia called Tabelog (www.tabelog.us). They're a subsidiary of the largest company in Japan Tabelog.com (similar to Yelp here in the US).
    We’re bringing their annual restaurant awards to the US that are judged solely by a panel of local food bloggers (all online). The winning restaurants get a framed 2015 award and the food bloggers get an 'official judge' icons/etc. and related PR for their blog. We’re looking for bloggers from the Virginia area to invite as an official judge. Is this something that you would be interested in? My email address is awards@tabelog.us.

    Thanks in advance!
    Brock

    ReplyDelete